Monday, February 22, 2016

My Daily Life

It's taken me a really long time to post this... Sorry!  Here is a glimpse into what I do each day.  Each day is different so stay with me.

* denotes part of daily schedule, does not change.

MONDAY

*8:20 Assembly - Whole school.  We sing a hymn and then the Headmistress, or Katrina, or students, or other teachers speak for 15 minutes on a world issue, or something else they find interesting. (AC/DC and Charles Foster definitely make the cut)

*8:45 Morning Prayer - Usually with Katrina and Tansley.  We follow the lectionary and Prayer book.  We read a Psalm, OT, and NT then discuss and end with prayers.

9:15 Coffee - because caffeine.

9:45 House Meeting - I meet with the Housemistress, Karen, and the Asst. Housemistress, Eve,  to discuss house matters.  We discuss girls and rules and consequences, etc.

10:15 Chat with Katrina about everything we need to accomplish during the week.  We start planning Chapel with Tansley and try to find time to discuss Christian Union and Junior School Assembly

12:30 Lunch and Break

2:20ish Continue the previous conversations and have some coffee (maybe a biscuit or two)

4:20-5:30 Christian Union -  I have a group of about 6 girls that are able to come every week.  We take turns leading a bible study and then end with fun chats.  The girls are currently in the midst of making CUkies (CU cookies) for all the year groups throughout the year.  They are doing a wonderful job!  This week we have CUBE, Christian Union Big Event, where we invite students and chaplains from other schools to hear speakers and mingle with each other.

6-10 On  duty in house.  I'm around to answer questions and help with random things.  If it's during prep time (when the girls have to do homework in their rooms) I sit and read.

TUESDAY - DAY OFF

WEDNESDAY

9:15 Coffee and finish up plans for Junior School Assembly

11:05 Meet with Tansley and further brainstorm ideas for chapel

12:00 Lunch and Break

1:30 - 4:00 Walk over to Junior School and help out with  Year 1 (Kindergarten) music classes.

430-6 Cover house until Tutor arrives

7:15 I usually go to a Home Group in town with Tansley.  We have bible studies and socials.

THURSDAY

8:20 Junior School Assembly - Katrina and I head over to Junior School and share bible stories with the 7-11 year olds.

*8:45 Morning Prayer

9:15 Coffee and reflect on how Jr. School Assembly went.  Finalize Chapel plans.

12:30 Lunch and Break

Thursday afternoons are flexible time.  If we need more time to flesh out our plans for Chapel then I stay otherwise I have some free time.

6-8 Cluster Suppers - Small groups of girls in the house who have to cook their own meal.  I supervise and converse

FRIDAY

9:15 Coffee and reflect on week.

11:05 Meet with Tansley and run through chapel plans.

12:30 Lunch and Break

Friday afternoons are flexible like Thursdays.

WEEKENDS

I work every other weekend.  Most weekends I help with the TESCO run - where we take the girls to TESCO (alot like Walmart) and they have 30 minutes to stock up on snacks, buy shampoo, and whatever else they think they need.   I also supervise the Art Workshop, where girls can come to the Art department to work on art projects for school.

Sunday evenings we have two chapel services at 5:30 and 6:00.  There are so many boarders that we can't fit them all into our chapel at once, so we do the same service twice.  After I am taken to Christ Church in town to attend their Sunday evening service.  Then I come home and sleep!


Hope this helps you understand a little more about what I do everyday!  Thanks for reading the very long post.

~Lina


No comments:

Post a Comment