Sunday, December 27, 2015

Holidays - Pt. 1

I won't lie, the holidays are hard when you are far away from home.

It hit me today, as I participated in some new holiday traditions, just how much I am missing the traditions from home.  Here are some things I miss.
Ebony


  1. Making turkey cookies with Mom.
  2. Frosting the turkey cookies - each feather a different color of course!
  3. Thanksgiving with the Greve family
  4. American stuffing (British stuffing has sausage and other meat in it)
  5. Pumpkin Pie
  6. Pumpkin cookies
  7. really just all pumpkiny desserts!
  8. Christmas Cantata at church
  9. Visiting my Grammy (I LOVE YOU GRAMMY! *muah*)
  10. Christmas Road trip with the family
  11. My kitty Ebony
  12. My bed
  13. Being able to text silly things to my friends
  14. Megan's wedding in January
  15. Being able to get in my car and drive wherever, and whenever I want to
Pumpkin Pie


I don't really miss the snow, like at all.  It's been around 50F most days here, sometimes rainy, usually grey skies.  But I love it!  While everyone around me wishes for snow, I'm hoping it never comes.

Now, before you think I'm having a little pity party, there are plenty of things that I love about this new place I call home.  Stay tuned for part 2 to find out :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

~Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment